Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We’ve received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world’s most interesting problems.
Picture yourself at one of the fastest-growing Fintech companies in the world, surrounded by people who support you, challenge you, and inspire you to do the best work of your career. We’re looking for a Product Design Strategist to shape the future of our UX Services Program and promote innovation across our product team.
Onfido’s UX Services Program helps our customers build human identity verification experiences that convert from day one—providing expert advice on implementing digital Identity Verification to boost conversion. Day-to-day, you’ll partner with our Product, Design, UX Research and Sales teams, applying your design expertise to analyse and improve customer workflows, helping them reduce friction without compromising security. You’ll offer intelligent solutions to customer pain points, drawing on our expert identity product offering and interacting confidently with C-suite clients and prospects from the fastest-growing FinTechs to fortune 500 / FTSE 100 companies.
You will have complete ownership of the Program and subsequently be accountable for shaping the proposition as we build out this offering. Working closely with the VP of Design you’ll also be responsible for facilitating Innovation across the Product organisation, utilising your experience and skill to influence the direction of the product; partnering with senior leaders across the organisation, contributing to product decisions, balancing vision with pragmatism.
As a Design expert, you will guide the application of design thinking, contribute to the development of the design strategy, and lead workshops that drive innovation. You’ll join a mature Product and Design team with solid leadership and an established mission.
- Collaborate with Clients to create intuitive and engaging Identity verification experiences.
- Monitor performance metrics, proactively flag and solve client’s UX issues.
- Establish a vision for Onfido’s UX Services Programme, and ensure sustainability and the revenue goal is met.
- Be the voice of the Customer, collecting insights and communicating them across the Product organisation.
- Develop opportunity spaces and ideas, highly skilled at bringing these to life through the creation of stimuli and prototypes.
- Run internal and external strategic workshops to influence product direction
- You love ambiguous problems and are able to capture a clear and concise design strategy.
- You thrive in making the complex simple and digestible.
- You have strong empathy and strategic sensibility to understand the client’s needs.
- You’re a great communicator, able to navigate complex conversations that mix UX, Business, and Technical requirements.
- You’re optimistic and know how to bring people together around a new challenge.
- You see patterns and connect dots as part of your daily process—not afraid to dig deep, get into the detail, and course-correct when needed.
- You like partnering with senior leaders to create and deliver forward-leaning and customer-focused solutions.
- You have a bias towards action and execution balanced with the instinct to inspire high-quality output.
- You have proven experience working directly with clients as part of an agency, Consultancy or in-house.
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.